Work with us
TouchscreenRentals.co.uk is an exciting young company that likes to do things differently. If you’re interested in joining us we’d love to hear from you…
Hardware and Software Engineer
Salary: £25,000 – £28,000 per annum (depending upon experience)
Term: Full-time, permanent
Location: Based in Chiswick, West London with daily field installations throughout London and the UK, plus occasional EU travel.
Hours of work: Due to the nature of the events industry, you must be willing to work flexible and unsocial hours, often with long days and tight deadlines. In return there will be plenty of quieter periods with lots of flexibility for a happy work-life balance.
About the company: TouchscreenRentals is an exciting young company, who is growing fast. We specialise in touchscreen rental and software projects across the UK and Europe. We provide stunning hardware+software solutions primarily for events and exhibitions, marketing campaigns, brand engagement and promotions.
Our team is small, dedicated and specialist. We’re obsessed with providing the very best customer service and building a reputation for innovation and quality. Our customers are everything; we come to work wanting to make their projects a success. When things aren’t working perfectly we get up early and go to bed late. When we do get them right (and we always do!), we live off the buzz of a happy customer, celebrate and, if necessary, sleep it off!
About the Hardware and Software Engineer role:
When a touchscreen rental is booked it will be your primary responsibility to;
- Test and prepare touchscreens with the required software, following the Account Managers’ instructions
- Deliver and install onsite, throughout the UK and Europe
- Provide technical support and advice throughout the rental
- Collect at the end of the rental period.
It will also be your responsibility to;
- Manage stock records
- Manage, maintain and quality assure all stock
- Manage and maintain the warehouse
- Learn and support 3rd party software systems
- General support for the team and admin.
In addition to the above there will be the opportunity to learn how to build software within our software platform. You will become part of the core software team responsible for delivering software projects. No software experience is required for this role, however, you will need a high level of attention to detail, a thirst for knowledge and be able to pick things up quickly.
Experience required to become a Hardware and Software Engineer with us:
- Full, EU driving licence, 2 years +
- Willing and able to drive a large van
- Comfortable with heavy lifting of large screens, stands and other equipment
- Amazing customer service skills with impeccable communication
- Excellent timekeeping
- Keen interest in technology and general aptitude with computers
- Passionate about making things look fantastic and work slickly – you should love to make people say WOW
- Quick to learn new technologies and think outside the box to meet client requirements
- Initiative and motivation to work on your own, as well as being a team player that never lets colleagues or customers down
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation skills
- Fluent English (written and spoken).
- 1 year’s experience of a field-based role OR experience working in the events industry (ideally exhibitions and conferences)
- Knowledge of Windows 10 operating system
- Good knowledge of modern browsers, including Google Chrome
- Working knowledge of network management and settings
- Experience of installing and maintaining 3rd party software
- Experience of working with touchscreens, self-service kiosks/PCs
- Experience of working with touch technology
- A creative flare
- An eye for design
How to apply
If you think this role sounds right for you we would love to hear from you. Please apply by email to Hello@TouchscreenRentals.co.uk with your CV and an intro about you and why you are interested in working with us.
STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES OR JOB SITES